1. The book of Luke was written by Luke (who was not an Apostle). He was most likely a Gentile ( with a small chance he was a Hellenestic Jew).
2. It was written before 70 AD.
3. Luke is the 42nd book of the Bible, and the 3rd in the New Testament.
4. It was written together with Acts of the Apostles, but split into two. Together they make up one-third of the New Testament.
5. There are 24 chapters and 24 books follow it.
6. There are 1,151 verses and 24,944 words in the Book of Luke.
7. Luke himself was a doctor.
8. Luke is only named three times in the New Testament.
9. Luke never married and died aged 84.
10. The book of Luke is the most complete version of Jesus’s life.
11. You can trace the lineage of Jesus back to Adam in the Book of Luke.
12. The phrase ‘Son of Man’ appears 23 times in the book, while ‘Son of God’ is written 7 times.
13. ‘Kingdom of God’ turns up 32 times.